Background

February 18, 2012

Jeans for the Little Girl

I had to buy baby girl a pair of jeans today because she's just growing so fast. When I found these, I was reminded of a time when I was about 6 or 7. My Mom bought a pair for me that was pretty similar. Being #8 out of 8 kids at the time, my parents didn't have much money. I usually wore hand-me-downs or thrifted clothes. These pants were new and super stylish. When she brought them home she showed them to me and explained that they were for school, not play. I wanted to wear them and show them off to my neighborhood friends really bad. When my Mom went to take a nap she left them on her nightstand. As soon as she was asleep, I grabbed them, put them on and immediately went outside to play with my friends. I put them back before she woke up, but somehow she knew. Thankfully she took it easy on me. Now I understand that you can tell when jeans have been worn, but at the time I just thought my Mom had ninja skills. I loved those jeans and I love the memory of that day. I also love that jeans with designs on the back pockets have come back in style in time for my baby to wear them.

No comments: