Background

November 5, 2010

My favorite things about being a Mom...


Recovering from having our sweet #2 has been a little more challenging than I'd expected. I find myself getting more and more frustrated when Max or Maggie start crying in the middle of the night or when they're sick and I don't know what to do. My Mom said to call her and let her walk the floor with them. Who offers that?! My Mom, that's who. That started my thinking. I remember being very young and crying. I knew that the only thing that could calm me down was my Mom or Dad. The calming effect of their voices or the feeling of their hand on my back as they held me. I do the same thing with my kids. Tonight Max was having a hard time and Wes started to walk him around the room to calm him. I knew Wes had to get up early so I offered to take over. Max held my hand and snuggled his little body tight in my arms till he was asleep again. Sometimes he pushes his little head to my lips so I can kiss him a million times. I'm so happy and content right now, but I know I'm rambling. I just wanted to say that I love being able to be a comforter. It's a huge responsibility. I go from being frustrated that my baby is upset to being unable to express my appreciation for my Heavenly Father for giving me the opportunity to be there for them. They want their Mom and Dad the way I needed mine. That by far is one of my most favorite blessings!!!

No comments: