Background

June 28, 2011

Remember when you were a kid?!

It's funny how much things have changed since I was a kid. Tonight I was thinking about when I was 7 years old. My parents would sometimes splurge on renting a movie for the family. That's when it was cheaper to rent the VCR than to buy. We'd be SOOO excited. If we didn't have a rental, it was the Sunday night movie speacial on TV that we'd look forward to watching as a family. All of us kids grabbing a blanket and pillow and plopping down on the floor. Mom would make popcorn on the stove (no microwaves back then). Yet here I am watching TV on DVR or movies on DVD on our huge TV. Our library of kid movies for our kids. It so different. I'm actually on my porch right now typing on my laptop. I don't think I could have imagined these kinds of changes would come when I was 7. The best part of my memory is that we were doing stuff as a family constantly. I was brought up in a close family strong in the gospel. This is something I feel blessed to pass on to our kids.

This is Max playing in the rain on the bike trail at the end of my run.
He was so excited to get out of the stroller to play.

Max and Maggie were playing in the yard a couple days ago.
I love watching Maggie try to keep up with her big brother. It's so sweet!!!

It's wonderful having all these sunny warm days. All the outdoor fun we get to enjoy as a family. I can't wait to go camping this summer. It's going to be so awesome!!!

No comments: