Background

January 26, 2011

Patience is a virtue!

Patience is a virtue which I've been working on lately. Last night I successfully got everyone in bed at a decent time for the first time in a while. I didn't get myself to bed at a decent hour last night, just the family. So, I'm kind of tired! Well tonight seemed OK. I actually thought, 'No big deal. Max and Wes are asleep and I'll get this girl to sleep in a couple minutes and off to bed I go.' Which would have been well before midnight. NOPE!!! She wanted to play and cry and watch TV. I played with her, I let her cry a little, we watched TV a little. I turned the TV off and snuggled her in her swing, which only made her super mad. I set her in her crib to see if she'd go along with the plan of going to sleep. That made her scream louder. I had to get her out of the room before she woke her brother. Wow! That would have been fun. Nothing was getting her tired. But every time I felt myself getting overly tired and frustrated, I hugged her or smelled her chubby little neck. All she wanted was me. That's really sweet!!! I kept saying to myself, 'You can deal with tiredness. Love on your baby!' So here we are at 3am. I'm on the computer so I don't forget anything and she's as you see in the picture. Asleep in her swing.
Frustrating, fun, tiring sweet night. I sure love my Magdalena. She'll never know how much, but I'll try to let her know. Good night!

No comments: