Background

February 23, 2011

Tater Tot Casserole - I had a craving!


I had a craving for Tater Tot Casserole the other day, so I went on the search for a recipe. I haven't had this in so long. Maybe the cold weather and the fact that my little boy loves tater tots brought this on. Either way, I wasn't having any luck finding the right recipe. So I made up my own. How hard can it be?! I found out that it's not hard at all. However, because I made it correctly this time, doesn't mean I'll make it the same next time, unless I document how I did it. Here I go...

1 lb - ground beef (seasoned with onion powder, garlic salt & ground black pepper)
1 - 10 oz can - cream of celery
1 - 10 oz can - cream of chicken
1 - 15 oz can - corn
10 oz - 2% milk
1 1/2 tsp. - red pepper flakes
2 cups - cheddar cheese divided
1 - 32 oz bag - tater tots (or enough to cover)

Brown ground beef, then drain and season. Add soups, milk, corn and pepper flakes. In a greased 3 qt baking pan, spread mixture and top with 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Then top with tater tots. Bake at 350 for 45 to 60 min till tater tots are browned. Top with remaining cheese and cook till cheese melts.

I love this kind of comfort food! It was easy to make on a busy day. I love being able to feed my family yummy comfort food, even when I'm in a hurry. ;0)

No comments: